- Hydrologist / Engineer
- 510-704-1000 x229
Montana is a licensed Professional Civil Engineer in California, with a background in surface water hydrology and hydraulics. Montana specializes in the design of stream and wetland restoration, bank stabilization and repair, mitigation and habitat enhancement, and stormwater infrastructure. Montana also has experience in using one- and two- dimensional modeling of riverine systems and channel hydraulics for FEMA floodplain mapping, dam break simulations, master planning, design feasibility assessments, CEQA analyses, and stormwater management. Montana combines her design and modeling work with a wide range of fieldwork: stream gaging, water quality monitoring, site reconnaissance, surveying, instrumentation installation, and site-specific data collection. As a project manager, Montana is often involved in projects from data collection to conceptual level design to construction document preparation and construction management. When she’s not in the office, she’s most likely hiking, riding her bike around town or attempting to play the banjo.
- California P.E. C90587
- Certified Floodplain Manager #US-20-11548
- M.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Fluid Mechanics and Hydrology, Stanford University, 2016
- B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources and Hydrology, UCLA, 2014
AutoCAD, GIS Analysis, Geomorphology, Grant Strategies and Management, Groundwater, Groundwater and Surface Water Interactions, HEC-HMS, Habitat Restoration, Hydrology, Illustration, Outreach, Stormwater, Stream Gaging, Water Policy
- Santa Clara Trails Master Plan - Hydraulic Modeling and Feasibility, Santa Clara, CA
- Caltrain 25th Avenue Grade Separation Project - Creek Mitigation Design, San Mateo, CA
- Harbor High School Hydraulic Modeling and LOMR, Santa Cruz, CA
- Stanford Stream Gaging and Hydrologic Analysis, Stanford, CA
The best part about working for Balance is being able to contribute a diverse set of projects that involve both exhilarating field work and interesting analysis, all while collaborating with incredibly bright, passionate and driven people.